Pictured here are Governor Tom Corbett and Charter School magnate Vahan Gureghian at the Chester Community Charter School, founded and managed by Gureghain. The school is the largest brick and mortar Charter in the state, enrolling half the children in the city of Chester. Gureghain owns the buildings and his for profit managment company runs the school. In 2011 the charter was investigated for cheating by the state but, in spite of irregularities, no sanctions were issued. Perhaps this is because Gureghian has contributed $332,714 to Corbett’s political campaigns.
Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- PCAPS Community Schools Task Force Celebrates the Announcement of The First Cohort of Philadelphia Community Schools
- Serious Questions About Great Oaks
- The Wister Community Schools Plan – An Alternative To Charter Takeover
- Walk In at Wister – February 17th
- WHAT EVERY HUEY PARENT NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY