Parents, school staff and community members were out in force this morning at Blaine elementary drawing attention to the impact of budget cuts on this school and at schools throughout the city. Upwards of 96% of the students come from economically disadvantaged families and 20% have disabilities. Blaine has no full time counselor or nurse and hasn’t had a librarian for years. Speakers called for the state and city to come up with more funding and specifically demanded City Council pass Wilson Goode’s proposed legislation to eliminate tax abatements on the School District portion of property taxes.
Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- PCAPS Community Schools Task Force Celebrates the Announcement of The First Cohort of Philadelphia Community Schools
- Serious Questions About Great Oaks
- The Wister Community Schools Plan – An Alternative To Charter Takeover
- Walk In at Wister – February 17th
- WHAT EVERY HUEY PARENT NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY