An op ed piece by PCAPS member Lisa Haver
Closing schools: It’s not just about moneyPOSTED: Thursday, February 7, 2013, 6:07 PM
The School District of Philadelphia recently issued its list of 37 schools to be closed permanently this year. We just can’t afford them anymore, the district tells us. The deficit is too big, so it’s time for parents and students to make “painful choices.” The financial crisis is one reason neighborhood schools are on the chopping block, but it is not the only one.
To read the entire article click here
Sign up to receive PCAPS news and updates
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- PCAPS Community Schools Task Force Celebrates the Announcement of The First Cohort of Philadelphia Community Schools
- Serious Questions About Great Oaks
- The Wister Community Schools Plan – An Alternative To Charter Takeover
- Walk In at Wister – February 17th
- WHAT EVERY HUEY PARENT NEEDS TO KNOW ABOUT GLOBAL LEADERSHIP ACADEMY